- > Lowest price Guarantee.
- > Repair and Service all Brands.
- > Same Day Service.
- > Five times the warranty.
- > BBB A+, CompanyChecked Top-10
- > 100% pricing before work starts.
- >Free home inspection free.
- > Visa, Master, Discover,Checks..
Southlake Electricians are masters of Electrical Repairs
Most people do not usually take much notice of the basic components of their home’s electrical system—like the electrical panel, electrical outlets, and light switches—until one of them malfunctions. That is because these very important features are a home’s silent workhorses, put in place not to add style or flair to a space, but to ensure that electricity continues flowing, electrical appliances continue operating, and lights continue shining.Google
The licensed technicians at OC Electrical understand how frustrating it can be when part of the basic system goes awry, and we know that when one of these key components breaks down, you need it to be fixed right away. We maintain a full staff of qualified electricians who are ready to serve you 24/7 so you do not have to live with the inconvenience of a malfunctioning electrical appliance or element. Our trained licensed electricians can service and install nearly any general electrical element in your home, including the following:
Fire safety checks
Electricians know that faulty wiring and improper installation are potentially very hazardous, which is why our electrical contractors are extensively trained and familiar with all the codes. Contact us any time: our qualified technicians are always ready to fix your electrical issues right the first time.
Other Frequently Asked Questions from Homeowners
1. Why do circuit breakers trip? Answer: Overload is the most common reason for tripping. Southlake Electricians know too many things are plugged in or turned on in the circuit. Short circuit is another reason; this may be caused by faulty wiring, appliances or fixtures. Are favorite breakers are D Square.
2. What is a GFCI? Answer: A GFCI or as Southlake electricians call it GFI is a special breaker or receptacle that electrician’s providing extraordinary protection from shock. The GFCI can tell if current as low as 5 milliampsis “leaking” out of a circuit to ground. The electrician knows GFCI senses this leakage it will de-energize the circuit. The electrician also knows if this current is “leaking” through your body to ground because you have touched an energized piece of equipment you may feel a shock but it will be a very short duration before the circuit is turned off by the GFCI. These electrical receptacles with the “test” and “reset” buttons found in many bathrooms and kitchens are the electricians best friends against shock.
3. What is an AFCI? Answer: An AFCI is electrical repair term used be electrician’s that means a special breaker intended to provide fire protection caused by arcing faults (small sparks) by recognizing characteristics unique to arcing and by functioning to de-energize the electrical circuit when an arc fault is detected. A electrician Knows an electrical AFCI recognizes the “signature waveform” of an arcing fault and shuts the power off to the circuit to protect against electrical fire. Electricians know that AFCIs have been required in all new Southlake homes’ bedrooms effective January 1, 2002. However if you have an old house you can still benefit greatly with AFCI protection. OC electricians can install this fantastic electrical safety technology today so your family will be protected by the best technology available to your Southlake electricians.
Call us 817-381-6668 for Southlake Electrician!!
4. Why do my light bulbs burn out so quickly? Answer: Our Southlake electricians know you may be exceeding the maximum electrical lamp wattage of the electrical fixture. There should be a electrician label inside the electrical fixture. If the label is not there consider replacing the fixture.
Eectrician’s reconmened to not exceed 60 watts for most ceiling fixtures. Many times vibration is the culprit in short bulb life. Ask your electrician about vibration resistant bulbs for ceiling fans and garage door openers and there are rough service bulbs for portable lights. Sometimes a porch light can have a shortened life due to a slamming door. A rough electrical bulb would do well in such Southlake location’s. Sometimes there is more than 120 electrical volts being brought into the electrical light socket. You can purchase a 130 volt light bulb to take care of this problem.
5. Why are my battery powered smoke detectors not good enough?Answer: The National Electrical Code for witch Southlake uses sets the minimum safety standards for the Southlake electrical system in your home, requires that each smoke detector in a Southlake home be hard-wired into your electrical system, battery back-up, in case your southlake power goes out, and interconnected with your other smoke detectors. So if one goes off, they all go off. A electrician knows in Southlake a smoke detector is required in each bedroom and one is required within six feet of your bedroom door. A C.O. detector is also required in Southlake to be installed within 15 feet of your Southlake bedroom door is you have natural gas, propane or an attached garage.
OC Master Electricians are open 24 hours for Electrical Repair.
6. What is a surge arrestor? Answer: A Southlake electrician loves surge arrestors because they protect against surges, spikes, lightning etc. In Southlake electrician’s deal with many surges and they may come down the utility line or they may come from within your Southlake home or nearby. This electrician installed device will sacrifice itself to protect your Southlake electrical system and electronic equipment from surges. Many surge protectors simply plug into the wall and your equipment plugs into it. An electrician knows using this kind of surge protection is less than optimum protection for the attached electrical equipment. Southlake Electricians can install a whole house surge protector to protect everything in your Southlake house including phone and cable equipment. This is the best surge protection you can get and it protects everything in the house.
Call us 817-381-6668 for service!!
7. Why do dimmers get warm, and is this safe? Answer:In Southlake during normal electrical operation, solid-state dimmers generate electrical heat. A solid-state dimmer is roughly 98% efficient-2% of the power is dissipated as electrical heat, causing the dimmer to feel warm to the touch. The closer a dimmer is run to full electrical output and the higher the load (watts) on the dimmer, the electrician knows the more the warmer it will feel. The electrician knows this is perfectly normal and safe for Southlake homes. Dimmers are designed to the strictest UL electrical safety standard, and can handle their full rated load without overheating.
8. What is Electrical Trouble Shooting? Answer: Electrical Trouble Shooting is the “Electricians detective work” involved in any electrical repair. Electrician’s need every clue we can get to troubleshoot quickly and accurately. Electricians also know you can help us tremendously by giving the electrician an accurate description of what the problem was, and also shows the electrician how and when the problem occurred. We test and examine your electrical wiring of course, but first the Southlake electrician listen to you, to find out exactly what electrical repair problem you have experienced and why you have called OC residential services of Southlake.
9. How long does Trouble Shooting generally take the electrician? Answer: Trouble Shooting an electrical problem usually does not take very long. The average time is about an hour. In many cases the solution to the problem is even easier than finding the problem. If we discover that the electrical trouble shooting process will take additional time, we tell you before continuing.
10. How many electricians do you send on a service call? Answer: Most of the time we send one electrician. In some cases two electricians are necessary or more economical than one. In these cases, of course, we send two electricians.
11. Can electrician’s fix the problem the same day? Answer: Electricians we will make every effort to do so. More often than not the electrician can fix the problem very quickly the same day. Some problems require a county or city electrician permit, an inspection, or the power company to do work and we have to work with these electrician entity’s schedules.
12. How can I know how much this electrician will cost?Answer: Ask Us! We don’t want to surprise you with a higher bill than you expect, anymore than you want to be surprised. Once the electrician has the diagnosed your electrical problem you get the price before the electrician starts work.
Call us 817-381-6668 for service!!